Patient Participation - Annual Report
Bilston Family Practice
Bilston Health Centre, Prouds Lane, Bilston, WV14 6PW
Patient Participation Report 2015-16
1. This report sets out how the Practice engaged with patients registered with the Practice and worked with them to develop and improve the range of services provided. The aim was to ensure patients are able to make the best use of the services we offer.
2. 2015-16 was a challenging year for the Practice. Dr Mason was away on Maternity Leave for the whole of 2015. We thought we managed to secure the services of a locum to cover all Dr Mason's leave but the locum left in August. However, we managed to recruit a very good, newly qualified GP and two very experience GPs to help us until Dr Mason returned in January 2016.
3. Once again we worked with our patients, listening to their comments and address their concerns. We believe that by working together we can enhance the services we provide. We continue to:
- make it easy to book appointments
- offer quality of consultations
- Treat our patients with dignity and respect
We are the top performing Practice in Wolverhampton for online appointment booking and your feedback from the Friends and Family Test has been very encouraging. It is nice to read the positive comments not just about doctors and nurses but also about the reception team.
4. During the year we implemented the Electronic Prescribing System (EPS) and once again, we have more patients than any other Practice in Wolverhampton whose prescriptions are sent electronically to a pharmacy of the patients choice.
5. Results from the National GP Survey for the Practice were fantastic. The results are available on the NHS Choices website.
6. In February we were inspected by the Care Quality Commission and the Practice was rated good. The CQC inspection team were impressed about the way the Practice engages with patients and the wider public
Once again we would like to thank all our patients for the contribution to they have made to 2015-16 being another successful year.